Just somewhere for me to occasionally write

Journal entries, short stories, rants, pictures, nonsense. See below.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Corridor Party!

Hello my favorite followers :] I just made the most DELICIOUS rice/chicken/egg combo EVARRR and if I die right now, from sheer delight, you can't take away my superior cooking skillz.

Sorry about that, I thought it deserved a special acknowledgment. Anyway, tonight marks a very special day: the first corridor party! Everyone once in a while my corridor (which consists of myself and 8 other people) throw a big party for the whole floor and we invite all our friends and whoever we see fit to come and celebrate with us. I don't know exactly what we're celebrating but I for one am going to toast to the sun, because slowly the sun is disappearing from Sweden and we will soon be shrouded in darkness for the majority of the day. I'm cherishing it while it lasts! Plus the weather has been so good here lately its awesome! I'm dreading it getting cold; but at least my wonderful mother is sending me a box of warm clothes, yay!

Next, I joined the culture club at V-dala where we do a bunch of different activities ranging from seeing theater productions, opera, movies, and whatever else we deem fit. Seems pretty cool and I met up with all of them for a pub crawl on Wednesday and they were all very lovely :] At least this way I can force myself to stop being such an introvert and actually make more friends here :P

Speaking of introvert; I took one of those personality-type tests, the one that gives you 4 letters (I or E, for introvert/extrovert, N or S, for intuitive/sensing, T or F, for thinking/feeling, and J or P, for judging/perceiving) and I got INTJ (Mastermind's, as they call them). You can go to http://typelogic.com/intj.html to see my full summary or http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp to take your own test and see which one you are! Mine was VERY accurate in describing me so maybe you'll have the same luck! I'd like to hear what yours is so if you want to leave a comment telling me, that would be awesome :]

More random stuff: I'm building some weird stuff in the corner of my room for decorations, where I made some butterflies out of paper and I'm working on making a tree trunk in the corner of my room [you know, bend some paper so it looks round in the corner, or w/e], and some flowers and grass and w/e else. It's a very bizarre little project and I don't know if I'm actually going to completely follow through with it but it sounds like an interesting idea in my head. I'm thinking about hanging some leaves from my ceiling around the tree so it kind of looks like its from the tree. The butterflies are double winged so they are actually protruding from the walls as well. I'm going for a 3-D effect but I don't know if it's just going to end up looking like a drunk 4 year old taped a bunch of stuff to my wall. Plus we all know I have no patience so I don't know if I will actually end up taking the time to make it the RIGHT way. We shall see.

Also, I have basically already ran out of money so I'm trying to convince my mother to forfeit Christmas this year in favor of her just giving me spending money while I'm in Europe. I mean seriously this is like my 4 month vacation from all the BS that happens in the U.S. to me, so its like a really long extended Christmas anyway :D

Swedish Stuff:
  • Their graveyards are very well taken care of.
  • Swedish people really really really like to sing when they drink. I mean really.
  • Festis is the new Caprisun. I love it. Oh yes, I do. So tasty.
OH YEA, I TURNED IN MY VET SCHOOL APPLICATION AND I'M ONLY WAITING ON MY ACADEMIC ADVISER TO TURN IN HIS RECOMMENDATION LETTER (which I've been harassing him about for MONTHS, but w/e). Anyway, GO ME.

xoxo

1 comment: