Just somewhere for me to occasionally write

Journal entries, short stories, rants, pictures, nonsense. See below.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Good Morning

Hello. My mother just called and woke me up at 9 am to tell me to put up some cushions that are on our patio because it's about to rain. Thank you mother, I am now awake quite earlier than I would have intended. No matter, now I am blogging.

*Pauses to run outside with her computer*

Now I'm blogging outside while it's raining!

*Another pause*

Wind shifted and started getting me and my computer wet from under the overhang of my porch. Had to go inside. Felt like maybe it would stop, came back outside. Got rained on again. Pretended it wasn't happening...

THUNDER!
Sweet.

I like t h u n d e r s t o r m s. And while I'm now protecting my computer from it with one of the cushions I vowed to protect, it's still pretty sweeeeeeeeet. Actually I like s t o r m s better than I like it when it's sunny. Although, back in April it rained for literally 4 weeks straight and that wasn't very fun, but that was probably because we were on the ass-end of winter and I was begging for some warmth.

Okay, enough about the weather, today I am going to study some more for my GRE, because now that I'm going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off at work, I'll have no time to study [this may be confusing to you, because most people don't have time to study at work, but I did].

Not to get all hip hip hooray on you but there's only 59 days until I go to Sweden. I got my housing and my classes via email yesterday - I'm living in a student housing apartment in town called Rackarbergsgatan [say that 3 times fast] and I have my own bathroom [thankyou, thankyou, thankyou]. This is in the actual town of Uppsala, but the school I'm going to is actually on the o u t s k i r t s which means I'm going to have to purchase a bicycle and get myself to school, which is something of a 25 minute bike ride, apparently. Every day. I think [hope] there's also a bus system so I don't freeze in the winter.

Just so you know, where I'm living is on the same latitude as Anchorage, Alaska. Yea, I'll let you think about that for a minute.
...
...
...
Anchorage, Alaska. Seriously.

If this whole being out of the country thing goes well and I DON'T get accepted into vet school this year, I'm thinking about going to A f r i c a for a couple months to volunteer at a school or something. Something I'm playing with in my head anyway.

Okay, back to storm-watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment