Just somewhere for me to occasionally write

Journal entries, short stories, rants, pictures, nonsense. See below.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

At Night, They Creep

It's 2 AM. I am still awake because I've been at Ashley and Samantha's house talking about the most random stuff for the past 4.5 hours straight. I came over to go on a bike ride, but instead sat on the couch and didn't move the entire time. We talked about some deep stuff, I'll tell you that much. Mostly about d r e a m s and the way people interact with other people, living in the jungle, you know, that kind of thing.

So, tell me world, have you ever considered dropping all your friends, your family, your job, your school, and basically everything and everyone you have ever known and just...

...Leaving?

To anywhere, any country -- let's just say you decide that you're going to move to some Peruvian jungle and you just go into the freaking wilderness with only a backpack on your back and whatever else you can carry on your person and you just... try to survive.

I know it sounds insane, perhaps, to some of you. And those of you who know me may be confused because I don't even like camping, let alone bugs, feeling dirty, hunger... BUT, just the fact that that's how we began, humans, living for the wild, in the wild, hunting my own game and skinning my own food. How extremely rural and animalistic and PRIMAL!
How extremely intriguing, you know? And perhaps the aforementioned plan is a little ridiculous, but even moving to somewhere extremely rural or at the very least away from everyone and everything you know -- this must be an exhilarating feeling! [anyone seen 'Into the Wild'?]

Unfortunately, there are too many worldly ties to friends, family, jobs, money...

Disgusting money; how I hate to always follow your elusive shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment