Just somewhere for me to occasionally write

Journal entries, short stories, rants, pictures, nonsense. See below.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wrapping Everything Up

Ah yes, we are down to the 15 day mark; I bought my plane ticket two days ago for a day earlier than I anticipated. So, now I'm leaving August 19th instead of the 20th. This means the counter at the bottom is adding an extra day, so if you're looking at it, just take off a day.

This means I have a week and a half left of work, 2 days of class (and a day for my final X_X), and very little time to finish everything else up. My mother bought me some awesome luggage for my trip so I won't have to pack everything in Walmart plastic bags like I thought I'd have to (sarcasm ftw).

My academic adviser finally called me back after 2 weeks of harassing him, so I have my third letter of recommendation sent out (not that any of them have finished it... -_-). I got my official scores for my GRE, and I got a 1210, which isn't bad, but isn't phenomenal. What IS surprising is that I got a 5 (out of 6) on my writing/essay portion; I didn't think I would do that well, but that's awesome.

So, basically I just have pwn my Physics Final (160/200 for an A, I think) - no that doesn't sound awesome but I'm terrible in physics. Then I have to make sure all of my stuff is wrapped up for my trip (got my camera working, got my luggage, passport, visa, housing arrangements). Then I will try to finish as much of my vet school application(s) as possible; I'm applying to 3 schools now, instead of just one because I think it looks better to apply elsewhere.

Also, I have a Swedish buddy that's going to meet me when I get there and help me out. I'm getting really nervous/excited :] wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment