Just somewhere for me to occasionally write

Journal entries, short stories, rants, pictures, nonsense. See below.

Friday, August 20, 2010

I Have Arrived!

I have finally arrived in Uppsala, Sweden for my 4 month stay. I got on the wrong train and almost got lost, but at least I finally made it here. Luckily the airport food made me extremely ill. Awesome!

So, after I took a 4 hour nap I finally got back up and went into town and took some pictures. I'm really glad I got here on a Friday instead of my previously intended Saturday because I found out you have to pay like $80 to get your key on the weekend! Anyways, I have no food courts or fast food around here so I have to go shopping tomorrow, luckily someone on my floor was nice enough to feed me and show me some stuff on the map.

I got my money exchanged to Swedish Krona so at least there's that.

Oh yea, also I just found out that it gets dark here at 2 pm in mid September and by December there is only 5 hours of daylight O_O. Shoulda looked that up before hand... hmmm...

Some Swedish Observations
  • Everyone here rides a bike. Everyone.
  • There are exactly 0 gingers.
  • There are many many blondes, and most are good looking.
  • However, they are not 7 feet tall, apparently.
  • I thought more people would openly speak English here. Wrong.
  • Apparently there are Cat-Crossing signs.
  • Also, the pedestrian walkway-sign-people all have different hairstyles. I mean wth?

No comments:

Post a Comment