Just somewhere for me to occasionally write

Journal entries, short stories, rants, pictures, nonsense. See below.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I've been Naughty and Neglecting You

I am sorry dear readers, that I have not updated on you on my life here. Maybe you don't care at all, I don't know. But I'll probably keep this short because I'm about to go to class soon. I was supposed to be going to some farm today but that got cancelled so now we're going to be going over a bunch of random stuff that I don't want to to equally as much as I didn't want to go to that farm. Okay, maybe I'd rather do this a bit more than I want to go to the farm. A small victory.

To be honest, my health feels like it is deteriorating. I won't go into why, but some of my hair is falling out O_O. I don't know if it's due to stress or if it's just because I dyed my hair a few weeks ago. You would think it would have happened sooner if it was the latter, but what do I know. I just really want to get into vet school and have all this nonsense behind me. Once I'm in vet school it feels like it will be breeze because I will finally be in the last part of my schooling. I am noto saying that vet school itself will be a breeze, but at least I will know that I don't have to worry about applying to any more schools. Highschool to College A, College A to College B, College B to college C, College C to Vet school... it's just starting to really try on my nerves.

Not to mention that now I am trying to find a job for the spring semester in something animal related for several reasons. One, because I'm really going to need the money after this European escapade, but also because if I don't get into vet school this year, which is likely, at least I'll be able to have something else on my resume that is animal related. I'd rather get into research or something that isn't at a small animal facility so that I can broaden my range etc. etc. etc. It is definitely a fact that whenever I am doing anything at all, it is likely to be because I'm trying to make my resume look better. Honestly, it's why I do everything! Must. Be. Impressive.... AHHH! I've sent out a few emails but haven't heard TOO much back yet. But I'm working on it.

Additionally, now I'm having problems with the classes I'm trying to take for next quarter, which are starting in like 3 weeks. The semester here ends in mid january (Like the 15th or something), but my school starts on the 11th I think. So, I'm having some issues getting my professors to let me do everything early (which I am more than willing to do) so that I don't have to miss Christmas, New Years (Not as important), and the first week or so of school. Don't forget that I will also have to have the time to move in all of my stuff, acclimate myself, AND I'll have jetlag, so it really is extremely important that I can leave before Xmas. *Crosses fingers*

Also, I am going to schedule my spring semester classes in around 2 weeks, during the first week of November. I am looking to take:
Organic Chemistry II (+ lab)
BioChemistry (+ lab)
Microbiology (+lab)
Modern dance (Because I love to dance, and I need more credits that won't make my brain implode)

So, I'll try to keep you updated!

Swedish Observations:
  • They ask how to pronounce funny things; I suppose it's not funny to them but it's funny to me. Ex: Plummage (Ploom-age vs. Plum-age)
  • Their hair styles (particularly the guys) are much longer than ours and much more awesome!
  • My classes are always in different rooms, at different times, ALL over campus. I don't even have the same teacher everyday, it's almost always someone different. I always have to hunt down my classrooms and I never know who to contact. Sweet, right?
P.S. What do you know, I never keep it short.

No comments:

Post a Comment