Just somewhere for me to occasionally write

Journal entries, short stories, rants, pictures, nonsense. See below.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Welcome to the Fallout

Well, here it is. I have exactly 1 week left before I leave this cold, bitter, wonderful, isolated, much needed, friendly, and lonely place that I've been for 4 months. The mixture of emotions is simultaneously excruciating and relieving. This trip has been about me finding myself, or at least giving myself a break...

Salvation is here.


But reality is not. Being here has been an escape from all the false friends and drama and hell at home. It has been a place where I could simply be alone and away from the majority of the world for a period of time. People ask me if I've made a lot of friends or done a lot of stuff And yea, of course I have made some friends and did some incredible things that never would have happened at home. But... mostly this trip was about me, myself, and I, I have to admit, as selfish as that may be.

This is not to say it wasn't amazing learning about another culture. Hell, I'm in the newspaper at home now. I met some incredible people and learned some things that I never could have learned in any other way. It saddens me sort of to know that I will probably never see most of them again... but it is encouraging to know that I actually survived. I did it, world. I've lived in another country and most people will never be able to say that. I'm one of the few, the proud, the...Swedish.

Anyway, it's difficult writing this because there are a lot of things I want to say but do not feel it is appropriate to share with the public. However, I feel that I have done what I came to do and I highly recommend everyone that reads this to go out and do something you don't know if you can do! You will honestly never know if you don't. PUSH YOURSELF. Everyone has a dream.

What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment